The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Research Assistant, The Centre for Reparation Research
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the temporary position of Research Assistant, The Centre for Reparation Research, University of the West Indies, Vice-Chancellery.
The Centre for Reparation Research at The University of the West Indies is seeking to hire a Research Assistant for the period January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018. The ideal candidate should have:
- A Master’s Degree in History (or a related field)
- Excellent research, analytical and proposal writing skills
- An aptitude for research dissemination and advocacy
- A knowledge of critical issues in human rights & the global movement for reparatory justice
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Good written and spoken communication skills in Nation Language English (a working knowledge of French and/or Spanish would be an asset)
The successful candidate should also have good a work ethic, the ability to work on his/her own, be attentive to details, have the ability to focus, engage in critical thinking, have personal integrity, and a willingness to maintain confidentiality.
The Research Assistant should have a solid working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and Excel and database management, as he/she may be asked to collect and analyze data or to manage and update existing datasets. He/she will also conduct literature reviews or field research, including running focus groups.