The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Research Assistant, Tourism
Job SummarySuitably qualified citizens of the Member States and Associate Members of the Association of Caribbean States are invited to apply for the position of Research Assistant, Tourism at the ACS Secretariat at its headquarters in Port of Spain, Trinidad.
- Assist in the follow up of Directorate’s Projects in all project cycle stages.
- Assist in the preparation of meetings for the Directorate.
- Research on specific subjects related to the Directorate’s projects.
- Prepare content for posting on the website regarding the outcome of activities developed by the Directorate and the participation of the Directorate in meetings and missions.
- Assist in the preparation of documents and logistic involved for scheduled meetings of the Special Committees and Working Groups in the areas of Sustainable Tourism.
- Research and assist in the preparation of project proposals according to the guidelines of International Cooperation, donor agencies and ACS Project Concept Documents.
- Engage in translation of specific documents related to the Directorate.
- File electronic and hard-copies of documentation related to the projects in all Project cycle stages.
- Assist in the follow up to the Consultants hired for the execution of a project or projects in the areas of Sustainable Tourism.
- Follow up of all duties assigned by the Director and Advisor related to the areas of Sustainable Tourism.
- Assist in the follow up and updating of Sustainable Tourism Focal Points Database.
- Assist in the follow up and tracking of information related to the Directorate, to be uploaded in the ACS website.
- Participate in events, seminars, workshops and conferences when requested.
- Draft reports related to the Directorate when requested
- Write articles related to the thematic areas of Sustainable Tourism.
Under the direction of the Director and Adviser of Sustainable Tourism, the incumbent will serve as Assistant to the Directorate of Sustainable Tourism providing general services.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor's) in fields related to Tourism, Sustainable Tourism, Research Methodologies, International Relations and/or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of six months’ experience in researching data in Tourism, Sustainable Tourism or any other relevant field.
- It would be considered an asset for the candidate to possess international experience, either in an international organisation or inter-governmental organisation or by virtue of participation in international negotiations.
- Experience in project management would be an asset.
- Experience in drafting research papers, reports and providing administrative support services.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
- English, French and Spanish are the official languages of the ACS. For the position advertised, the candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in two of the official languages of the ACS. Fluency in one of the official language (other than the native tongue) is required. Supporting certificates of language proficiency must be attached. A working knowledge of a third language will most certainly be considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Monthly Remuneration: $10,141.67 Trinidadian Dollars (tax exempted).
- Group Health Insurance
Currriculum vitae. University degree certificate. Language Certificates (not in first language). Names of three referees and contact information.
Candidates must present the following documents for consideration:
- Full Curriculum vitae, stating nationality.
- University degree certificate.
- Language Proficiency certificates (not native tongue).
- Names of three referees and contact information.
Applicants must complete the Applicant Job Profile Summary Form. Failure to complete the Applicant Job Profile Summary Form will result in automatic rejection of the application.
Duration of appointment: 11 months
Due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. These candidates will also receive notice of the final outcome of the selection process.