The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Research Fellow Regional Coordinating Office (RCO) Institute for Gender and Development Studies
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Research Fellow Regional Coordinating Office (RCO) Institute for Gender and Development Studies.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A PhD in Gender and Development Studies or in a related discipline
- At least three years research experience at the tertiary level
- Track record of research design, report writing and management of large data sets related to Gender and Development.
PARTICULARS OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop research proposals to attract funding to the RCO.
- Manage the implementation of research initiatives of the RCO, including: o Contributing to research design and implementation;
- Organising and/or delivering research training to part-time data collectors attached to RCO research initiatives;
- Managing research project budgets;
- Preparing reports of critical research findings to funding agencies and other stake holders.
- Contribute to research publications of the RCO, by:
- Preparing research findings of research initiatives for publication by the Centre,
- Engaging in individual and/or joint personal research (around thematic areas of interest of the Institute) for publication.
- Represent the RCO at various (local/regional/international) fora, including Conferences and Technical Meetings, to present findings of ongoing and current research initiatives.
- Develop policy briefs on thematic areas of interest to the RCO assuming an advisory role on evidence based policy / program formulation for local and regional development agencies.
- Develop gender and research training packages for various local and regional development agencies.
- Develop and manage online data sets on indicators related to issues of Gender and Development.
- Maintain and expand relations with local/regional/international gender and development research and funding agencies with the aim of strengthening collaborative initiatives.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the University Director.