The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe University of the West Indies (UWI) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Research Nurse, Department of Surgery Radiology Anaesthesia and Intensive Care.
To provide research assistance to academic staff within the Department and to assist individual academic staff members in research, maintenance of registers and interdepartmental projects. This will include collection of data on patients admitted to the University Hospital of the West Indies and entering of said information into a computer database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collection of data for research projects conducted by Academic Staff;
- Prepare documents for Ethics Committee approval;
- Collection of clinical data from Hospitals wards and maintaining the Department’s clinical and pathological registers current;
- Liaising with collaborators involved in the Department’s research efforts;
- Planning research and development of data collection instruments;
- Maintain database of Departmentís research output;
- Supervise temporary staff involved in data collection;
- Enrolment of participants in Clinical Trials;
- Travelling in and around Kingston and other areas to collect data for research projects.
Qualifications and experience:
- An undergraduate degree in Nursing
- Certification as a Registered Nurse
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in general nursing
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills
The University thanks all applicants, but due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.