The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Research Officer will provide technical support to the Director, Health Policy, Research and Planning in the development, implementation and evaluation of health sector policies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design a framework for policy development, implementation and review
- Collects, researches and analyses relevant information to support the development of health policies and policy brief and Executive Council Notes
- Collects the relevant information to monitor and review the status of health policy implementation
- Monitors and reviews the status of health policy implementation and initiates the process for policy revision as required
- Monitors key policy implementation milestones
- Maintains an up-to-date database of health policies
- Prepares report on the impact of health policies and make recommendations
- Prepares policy briefs to support the adaptation of National policies to local Tobago health sector
- Ensures dissemination of policy documents to relevant stakeholders
- Keeps abreast of international best practices related to health policy development
- Conducts health policy impact assessment
- Other related duties
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Postgraduate degree in public health, business administration, public administration, management, social sciences, development planning or equivalent academic preparation.
- At least five (5) to eight (8) years’ experience in Policy Development and implementation. Experience in the health sector would be an asset
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago as certified by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) or the relevant Registration Boards or Councils
All applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 55 years.