To conduct research on Jamaica and the Caribbean with major emphasis on African cultural retentions and to present information in various forms.
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT
January 2 to April 30, 2018
Under the supervision of the Senior Research Fellow, the incumbent has responsibility to:
- Organize and conduct in-depth primary and secondary research and analyzing data collected.
- Make presentations on Caribbean history and culture to primary, secondary and tertiary level institutions
- Prepare research papers
- Recommend areas for research
- Prepare budgets for research projects
- Organize and conduct interviews for Jamaica Memory Bank projects.
- A first degree majoring in Sociology, Anthropology, History/Cultural Studies
- Two years of research experience
- Formal training in interviewing techniques