The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryTo ensure that all Rooming lists for the group’s reservations are received on time and accurately inserted into the Computer system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To undertake any reasonable requests made of you by the company including flexibility in hours, location and responsibilities.
- To accept responsibility for the hotel when scheduled to do so as a Duty Manager.
- To work to the Westin Priorities.
- Be willing to help other departments of the hotel wherever possible and to understand the flexibility required when business levels peak and trough, to deliver the best possible service.
- To comply with all policies and procedures as written in the staff handbook.
- To ensure that you are trained to up hold the conditions of the Health and Safety Policy.
- Be Fully Aware of the Booking situations at all times, and supervise the Reservation Clerks / Supervisors in order to maximize the Hotel Sales with the Highest possible Average Room Rate.
- Ensure that All reservations are recorded on standard forms attached with the concerned correspondence, and they are filed by arrival date in easily accessible Files.
- Prepare the 10 Days and 3 Month Forecasts on Timely Basis for Review By the Front Office Manager and Distribution.
- Ensure that Incoming Faxes requiring a reply are answered with minimum delay, and whenever possible the same day of received.
- Bring to the attention of the Front Office Manager dates when the Hotel availability status should be changed , and update the sales office with the hotel availability accordingly.
- Fully responsible of the Tour Operators / Travel Agents correspondence regarding reservation decisions especially in the critical periods, Allotment Increase, stop sales, release period amendment…….etc
- Advise the Front Office Manager of reservations, which are particularly noteworthy, so a decision can be taken in regard of the Room Rate and the V.I.P Status.
- Ensure that the reservations taken by the phone are answered promptly and politely, and according to the Hotel answering script.
- To use and to train the reservation personnel using the up-selling techniques in order to maximize the rooms revenue.
- To ensure that all Rooming lists for the group’s reservations are received on time and accurately inserted into the Computer system.
- To ensure that all the Definite reservations are guaranteed, to minimize the last minute non-guaranteed cancellations.
- To sell most of the Hotel Outlets and facilities whenever possible,.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel allotments spread all the times , and to follow up with the Contract conditions , and cut off dates.
- To update the Hotel Data System with the Updated Contracted Travel Agents rates.
- In coordination with the Front Office Manager, set up the over-booking margin for the Normal and peak periods to ensure filling the House without making unnecessary turn away.
- Keep a good relation with all the travel agents and there to ensure the mutual cooperation and the smoothness of the work.
- Be Fully aware of all the Hotel Facilities and services, and to train the reservation staff on using the Hotel Facilities during answering reservations.
- To prepare and submit all statistics and reservations reports requested by the Front Office Manager or the General Manager.
- To be ready for to replace the Assistant Front Office Manager during his/her vacations or when needed.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years experience in a similar position
- Must have minimum of a Bachelor Degree in related field