The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryA local restaurant chain is seeking to fill the position of Restaurant Manager for one of its locations to lead all aspects of the business; to deliver a high-quality menu and motivate staff to provide excellent customer service.
The Restaurant Manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals; ensuring efficient restaurant operations, as well as maintaining high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
Strong Management skills and experience in both front and back of the house are a requirement including overseeing the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you will work with the Head Chef and Executive Chef to hire qualified Cooks and Wait Staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep and ensure compliance with Health and Safety restaurant regulations.
Leadership by example and uplifting staff during busy periods in a fast-paced environment is essential. Ultimately, the role of the Restaurant Manager is to ensure the restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Work with head Chef to estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on daily, weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, preferably MICROS based systems
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- BSc degree in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus