The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Revenue Protection Engineer- Large Customers
Job SummaryGPL Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Revenue Protection Engineer, which exists within the Revenue Protection Department – Sheriff Street.
Under the general direction of the Manager, the incumbent will lead the Human Resources and manage the assets of the Revenue Protection – Large Customer Section effectively and efficiently. The Revenue Protection Engineer – Large Customer is responsible for auditing and investigating the metering system of large customers to detect and correct theft and metering anomalies.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Planning, coordinating and executing field investigations on Maximum Demand Meter to determine accuracy and detect if there are commercial losses.
- Report on the finding of field investigations as it relates to detection of tampering, meter bypass, defective meter, and other related issues on maximum demand meters.
- Continuously review maximum demand meter field investigation activities and procedures to ensure that they are conducted in an efficient, effective and customer friendly manner.
- Preparation of technical reports in support of findings of maximum demand meter investigations for presentation to internal and external parties.
- Timely notification to the Metering Department of all maximum demand meter changes due to defective metering and tampered.
- Research, recommend and implement new work techniques that can improve technical investigations and results thereafter.
- Train staff of the Revenue Protection – Large Customers Section to develop required job skills and undertake training of field staff as necessary.
- Revise required mechanism/s to track progress on the achievement of goals, objectives and targets related to monitoring of target for management of the installed meter installation of large customers.
- Prepare annual budget for activities scheduled for the Revenue Protection – Large Customers Section.
- Liaise with Metering Engineer and Manager on meter and interface replacements.
- Provide monthly Management Reports on all activities under your control.
- Ensure subordinates compliance with Company Rules and Regulations and initiate disciplinary actions in keeping with Company’s Rules of Conduct.
- Administer and dispense discipline in keeping with the Disciplinary Policy/Procedure.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health legislation, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Ensure that the environment and area under control is kept clean and tidy.
- Promptly investigate and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations.
- Conducts continuous assessment and monitoring of staff work performance and development, and taking steps to correct poor work performance.
- Customer Service,
- Decision Making,
- Results Oriented,
- Leading & Developing Others
- Use of Microsoft office suite
- Ability to use the CIS, Pre-paid juice, and TUNet software for data export and analysis
- Use of Microsoft Excel and Access and other data management and analysis software and tools
- Be conversant with relevant law, and regulations of Guyana and GPL policies and rules
- Conversant with ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Conversant with GPL Performance Management System (PMS)