The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Sales & Convention Services Coordinator
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Sales & Convention Services Coordinator.
- The candidate will report to the Director of Catering & Convention Services (DOCCS) and be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Day-to-day administration of the sales and convention service office.
- Reviews, answers, and routes all incoming mail & calls (voice, paper, and electronic)
- Maintains, prepares and submits the master banquet event orders file; calendar of activities; and assists with monthly reports as needed.
- Definite group handover process (filing and distributing)
- Maintains files and databases with historical/present data
- Assist Sales Managers with proposals, contracts, site visits, sales trip and trade show preparation.
- Maintains inventory of client amenities and giveaway items and ordering them accordingly
- Maintains the office supply inventory
- Ordering internally/externally all VIP amenities for group arrivals, sales site visits, as requested by Sales and CS Team
- Export daily events report from job specific software and send out to the property daily
- Deliver banquet event orders, amenities, and any other documentation that should be distributed within the hotel
- Maintains the Group Shipping Log and provides assistance in shipping as required
- Keeps a check on the up-coming Formal Pre-Con invitations
- Prepares the Purchase Order and Cheque Request
- Submits the vendor invoices to the accounting department on a timely manner and updating related spreadsheet
- Maintains the Sales Kit
- Updates the internal folders accordingly and in a timely manner
- Various functions in the job specific software ISAC (training will be provided)
- Books vendors for the events and preparing Vendor Agreements accordingly
- Creates Gift Certificates and maintains log, as requested
- Performs other duties, from time to time, as deemed necessary
- Excellent customer service skills, organized, multi-tasker
- Experience in Conference Services / Food & Beverage in a hotel environment
- Accurate and thorough ability to communicate with others both verbally and in writing
- Able to adapt well to different situations.
- Computer Experience with Windows, Opera, Office and Microsoft Outlook
- A team player
This position requires working a flexible schedule of day and/or evening shifts including weekends and public holidays and on call at all times. The applicant must meet the minimum requirements and must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language “English” used in the workplace.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Pension, Vacation & Sick Leave as required by the Cayman Islands Laws.