The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Seasonal Youth Counselor
Job SummaryThe Youth Counselor (Seasonal) organizes and leads the youth activities, ages 3-17 years, in designated activity centers, assigned areas and throughout the vessel.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Participates in embarkation procedures by disseminating information regarding the Fun Factory / X Club Program, Youth Evacuation Plan, and directing and escorting guests to staterooms.
- Determines the activities to initiate based on the ages and the needs of the children assigned to participate in the scheduled activity. Organized and leads a variety of established age appropriate activities.
- Helps children develop habits of caring for own clothing and picking up and putting away toys and books.
- Keeps current on children trends regarding music, dance crazes, fads, computer games, reading materials and physical activities.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience working with large groups of youths ages 3 -17 years, preferably in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise ship.
- Experience working in school sponsored youth groups, YMCA, camps or similar positions preferred. Infant and child CPR certification and lifesaving certification from the American Red Cross or similar certifying organization preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, recreation or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word and Power Point.