The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Secretary 2 (OPS/SS 2)
Job SummaryUnder the direct supervision of the Chief Internal Auditor, the Secretary 2 (OPS/SS 2) is responsible for providing secretarial and administrative services to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the Unit.
- Retrieves and forwards Job Descriptions as requested to the relevant officers;
- Types letters, memoranda, Work Plans, Performance Reviews and Job Descriptions;
- Transcribes and reproduces Minutes of meetings;
- Composes and types routine correspondence;
- Receives and takes telephone messages and screens calls intended for officers;
- Schedules appointments and arranges meetings;
- Directs and screens visitors;
- Maintains an efficient filing system;
- Gathers information and compiles reports;
- Undertakes research and distributes information to the relevant officers;
- Accesses and forwards e-mails to the relevant officers;
- Receives, forwards and directs fax to the relevant officers;
- Gathers information and complies output focused Job Descriptions;
- Retrieves and input data electronically for training needs and submits to Human Resource Development.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent secretarial skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong customer relations skills
- Good time management skills
- Good problem solving and conflict management skills
- Proficiency in the relevant computer applications
- Knowledge of the operations of Government/Knowledge of the Ministry’s policies and procedures
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level English Language or equivalent with proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 40-45 words per minute; successful completion of the prescribed Office Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development (MIND);
- CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level English Language with proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 40-45 words per minute and training in word processing and spreadsheet applications. Graduation from an accredited Secretarial School with at least three (3) years’ experience in the field.
- At this level, Shorthand at a speed of 80-100 words per minute would be an asset.
Salary range $642,294 - $763,485 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.