The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Secretary (OPS/SS 1)
Job SummaryThe North East Regional Health Authority invites applications from suitable qualified persons to fill the position of Secretary to the Chief Public Health Inspector at the St. Ann Health Department.
The ideal candidate must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Diploma/Associate Degree in Office or Business Administration
- Successful completion of the Certified Professional Secretary course would be an asset
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar capacity.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND SPECIALISED TECHNIQUES
- Working knowledge of standard office procedures and filing systems.
- Well developed computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good time management skills and a track record of meeting critical deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and must be able to multitask.
KEY RESPONSIBLITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Recording, distributing and following up complaints received
- Recording building plans from the St. Ann municipal corporation for inspection by deputy chief public health inspectors.
- Recording subdivision plans from the municipal corporation for inspection by the Chief Public Health Inspector
- Typing letters for each building and subdivision plans after inspection for submission to the municipal corporation
- Recording burial applications and forward to zones for inspection of burial sites. Submit to the municipal corporation letters recommending burial
- Recording and distribute minutes of public health inspector’s bi-monthly meetings.
- Recording and distribute minutes for clinical effectiveness & risk management monthly meetings.
- Typing letters and memos as requested by Chief Public Health Inspector, Deputy, Chief Public Health Inspector and other inspectors
- Preparing invoices for food handler’s trainings, temporary events and health certificates.