The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Security Services Officer
Job SummaryThe South-West Regional Health Authority (SWRHA) is pleased to invite suitably qualified persons to forward applications to fill the vacanct post of Security Services Officer at the SWRHA.
The Security Services Officer will provide protection and security for the Chancery Lane Building, staff and/or visitors. Work includes visiting levels and inspecting the guard force assigned by the security provider to ensure compliance to the scope of works. Supervises all operations of the location visited; plans, coordinates, directs and controls security activities; visits on an eight (8) hour shift basis.
The Security Services Officer will report to the Manager Security Services.
Key Functions & Duties:
- Liaises with the Security Services Assistant to assure compliance with monitoring policies and administration.
- Liaises with internal/external agencies on improve security procedures, and repair equipment.
- Represents the Security Services Department at Monitoring meetings.
- Cooperates with law enforcement and other emergency services when necessary.
- Develops reviews and modifies security policies and operating procedures.
- Assists the Manager, Security Services in the development of the Department’s operating budget.
- Monitors performance of contracted security agencies and recommends corrective or strategic approaches.
- Initiates training programs and responsible for personnel attending Correctional Academy and Reserve Law (CARL) enforcement course.
- Patrols designated area and checks in on other personnel working alone on the grounds.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Key Kowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of Scope of Works governing access to and departure from institution, buildings and grounds.
- Sound knowledge of general safety precautions and fire hazards at institutions.
- Sound knowledge methods and procedures in dealing with intruders, hostile clients and escapees; firefighting equipment and fire prevention methods.
- Sound knowledge of investigation procedures; gathering of information.
- Working Knowledge of basic law enforcement.
- Sound knowledge of the SWRHA Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Basic Knowledge of the Patient’s Charter of Rights.
- Basic Knowledge of First Aid/C.P.R.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to diffuse altercations and problem situations.
- Ability to communicate with hostile clients and operate in high risk environment.
- Ability to gather and preserve evidence.
Required Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Certificate in Security Management with at least three (3) years’ experience in a position of Corporal or Sargent in a recognized security establishment.
- A certificate of completion in a basic law enforcement training program approved by the Ministry of National Security or, a certificate of completion in a police or reserve police or military training.
- Drug Testing Report.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Any combination of training and experience.