The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Accounting Assistant
Job SummaryAn excellent opportunity has arisen within the Finance & Business Services Division for the post of Senior Accounting Assistant (Level 7).
The Senior Accounting Assistant assists the Senior Accountant – Payroll and Payables with the preparation of the payroll for UTech’s faculty, technical and administrative staff; and the captioning, recording and settling of all the University’s Liabilities in a timely manner. This includes, among other things, for the Payroll – the preparation of the payroll register, making adjustments to salaries and preparing and distributing a listing of cheques to the relevant financial institutions and insurance companies; for Payables – verifying payment vouchers, following up on queries and the payment of all liabilities.
- ACCA Level II or equivalent qualifications
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Sound knowledge in payroll preparation and accounts payable
- Sound knowledge of University’s policies and procedures
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Ability to operate within a team environment
- Detailed oriented
- Supervisory training
- At least two (2) years working in an environment carrying out payroll and payables functions