In addition, the Senior Audit Manager contributes to strategic planning and client management initiatives to develop the Audit and Assurance Practices in both St. Vincent and the Grenadines, and Grenada.
- Develop and maintain client relationships at the highest level, including accountability for most operational aspects of client engagement.
- Effectively leading the management teams in the planning and execution of Audit, Assurance and Taxation projects and engagements.
- Plan, scope and direct complex client assignments/projects, determining assignment costs, resources and fees for Partner approval.
- Ability to assume broader financial, resource and administrative accountabilities in addition to individual engagement work.
- Prepare and deliver financial statements according to Firm and regulatory standards in a timely manner.
- Initiate strategic and commercial client contact, ensuring that all client needs are met and that account development and fee growth follows.
- Conduct formal project/team performance reviews and provide input relating to individual performance ratings.
- Develop the capabilities of less experienced staff through coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work opportunities.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, participate in interviews and assist in selecting new talent during recruitment periods.
- Complete additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required.
- Accountable to act as a leader in the Firm, continually focused on employee engagement.
- Support the Vision of the Firm by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Professional designation required (CA, ACCA, CGA or CPA).
- 8+ years of professional experience in a similar role.
- Expert technical skills and related experience in the area of Audit, Assurance and Taxation.
- Superior knowledge of audit planning and execution requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting policies and audit techniques.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel), Caseware, Caseview, and QuickBooks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize workloads, delegate work, and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- High values in teamwork, client service and professionalism.
- Typically working in an office environment, with minimal physical activity. May require long periods of sitting and concentration when working with data.
- This role requires regular travel to other BDO offices in the OECS and BDO regional and international offices.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate based on qualifications and experience.