The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Audit Officer
Job SummaryAn excellent opportunity has arisen within the Internal Audit Unit for the post of Senior Audit Officer - Level 10.
The Senior Audit Officer reports to the University’s Chief Internal Auditor. He/she is responsible for providing an independent, objective assurance and consulting service designed to add value and improve the organization’s operation in the financial, operational, academic and information systems areas. This responsibility includes assisting the organization to achieve its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, controls and governance procedures.
The preferred applicant will possess:
- A Masters Degree in Accounting /Finance/Management or ACCA Level III or a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Knowledge of the University of Technology, Jamaica Act, 1999, Charter, Statutes, ordinances, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Government of Jamaica’s laws and other government regulations.
- Knowledge of Financial Administration and Audit Act.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and standards.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices and techniques.
- Understanding of the University’s information systems operation and procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interviewing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- At least four (4) years’ experience in an internal auditing position.