The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Building, Repairs and Maintenance Officer (SOG/ST 4)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Senior Building, Repairs and Maintenance Officer (SOG/ST 4) Central & Western Regions (2 Posts).
Under the supervision of the Manager, Building, Repairs and Maintenance, the Senior Building, Repairs and Maintenance Officer advises on all matters concerning repairs and maintenance of the Postal facilities in their assigned regions/parishes. Each incumbent implements and manages the maintenance programme for their assigned region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates and monitors the implementation of the regional repairs and maintenance programme
- Recommends changes to the programme as a result of budgetary and other changes;
- Recommends and seeks approval as necessary, for the engagement of contractors to undertake minor repairs and maintenance activities in keeping with government and departmental guidelines and standards;
- Supervises minor repairs and maintenance contracts within the regions as assigned; ensures that work orders are completed;
- Draft bills of quantities and provide input to contract documents for minor extensions, renovations and repairs of postal facilities within the region;
- Assists in the conduct of site visits to ensure that building construction work is carried out in accordance to specifications and within agreed time frame; promptly reports breaches or delays to the Manager;
- Ensures that all electrical equipment and fixtures, appliances and electronic mechanical equipment/apparatus and systems are in good working order;
- Ensures the proper scheduling of work and that faults with plumbing and carpentry facilities are entered and discharged in keeping with schedules;
- Manages the distribution of material and spare parts for activities in the regions; ensures that goods are verified and proforma invoices are requested in keeping with proper procurement procedures and standards;
- Checks and verifies equipment, spare parts and tools prior to the placing of purchase requests; ensures the maintenance of proper inventory controls for parts and material;
- Supervises preventative maintenance on all types of electro mechanical electrical equipment; ensures that faults are corrected in keeping with schedule;
- Ensures prompt response to emergency calls for repairs and maintenance issues in the region.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Possesses analytical & critical thinking skills;
- Possesses problem solving & decision making skills
- Is Goal/Result oriented & driven;
- Good time management, planning and organization skills;
- Possesses integrity;
- Ability to use own initiative and creativity;
- Possesses knowledge in operating hand power tools;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize among conflicting demands;
- Keen eye to details identifying and correcting defects.
Qualification, Experience, & Training
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from UTECH or other recognized University;
- Certificate in Supervisory Management;
- Five (5) years working experience in a related field with two (2) years at the supervisory level.
- Equivalent HEART Certification in Building Maintenance;
- Seven (7) years’ experience in Building and Maintenance or related field/environment.
The incumbent is required travel extensively and must own a reliable motor vehicle.
- The Central Region covers Clarendon, Manchester, St. Ann & St. Mary and the position is based in Mandeville.
- The Western Region covers St. James, Hanover, Westmoreland, St. Elizabeth and St. James and the position is based in Montego Bay.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.