The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Captain Marine Operations
Job SummaryThe Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities
- Navigates on open water with full crew.
- May be responsible for other functions such as Chief Mate as required.
- Supervises crew and plans in-port work assignments.
- Administers ships administrative functions including ordering supplies, obtaining proper paperwork for customs clearance for international voyages.
- Responsible for conducting drills, man overboard, fire and flooding, anchor drills as required.
- Coordinates ship services such as stevedoring, heavy lift services.
- Insures required test equipment is aboard and serviceable to support range test operations.
- Insures navigational equipment up to date and serviceable, including chart corrections.
- Obtains certification on assigned ship.
- Cross trains and certifies to operate other AUTEC craft as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate Maritime Academy preferred.
- 10 years’ experience as a licensed deck officer, operating twin screw vessels of 100 tons or larger may be substituted for the education requirement.
- High School diploma or military classes with requisite experience accepted.
- Must hold a current U.S. Coast Guard masters license to operate diesel powered ships of 1600 tons, not more than 200 miles offshore in the Atlantic Ocean, in all seasons.
- Licensed Operator aboard twin screw vessels operating under conditions wherein precise navigation, station keeping, and close quarters maneuvering were required, plus a minimum of 7 years of unlicensed experience as a deck officer (captain or mate).
- Must hold valid RADAR Observer Unlimited certificate, and be STCW certified.
- Must be able to meet physical examination requirements of BUMED Inst. 6270.7 series and OCD (RS) 22 05 1 for occupational exposure to OTTO Fuel II.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain the required government security clearance
- A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required.