The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Database Administrator
Job SummaryApplications are invited to fill the post of Senior Database Administrator
The Senior Database Administrator has the responsibility of maintaining the integrity of the RDMS at the UDC. He or she oversees all aspects of the Corporations' database, including database architecture design, implementation, administration, monitoring, tuning, back-up, migration and support. The incumbent will be required to examine existing systems and recommend new or improved ones where relevant.
The ideal candidate should have
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science or related held
- At least three (3) years experience in systems design and programming
- Professional certification or experience in Microsoft Windows environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of SQL relational database management systems (RDBMS)
- Strong knowledge of database architecture and its implementation
- Strong knowledge of backup and recovery of database systems.
- Strong knowledge of instance, database and query tuning to improve the performance of the database/ application
- Certificates in Supervisory and Project Management would be an asset
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction systems.
- Experienced in SQL Server Integration Services iSSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experienced in Eli (Extract-Transform-Load) development / data integration.
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
- Proficient with SQL server profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance.
- Strong understanding of and experience with SQL Server high availability options such as clustering, mirroring, log shipping, and replication.
- Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed database related documents.
- Innovative approach to work, constantly lu air g to upgrading the system to more efficient and effective new technologies
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.