The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Director of Finance and Accounts (FMG/PA 4)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Senior Director of Finance and Accounts in the Post and Telecommunications Department.
Under the direct supervision of the Postmaster General, the incumbent is responsible to direct the Financial and Accounting functions of the Post and Telecommunications Department and to ensure the effective, efficient and economical use of the Department’s funds in the fulfillment of its Corporate objectives.
- Ensures the budget and cash flow are prepared in time with the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service’s guidelines, as well as in accordance with the Department’s Corporate Plan, policy priorities and resource availability;
- Maintains control over the level of public expenditure, ensuring that expenditures are kept within budgeting limits;
- Ensures that the Department has a proper and effective system of Internal Controls;
- Ensures that a budgeting system is in place and a timetable which fits with Ministry of Finance and the Public Service’s guidelines;
- Ensures the accounts preparation and prompt submission of Financial Statements to the Auditor General, Financial Secretary and all other External and Internal Users;
- Ensures the efficient, effective and economical utilization of assets and other resources;
- Prepares Non-tax Revenue and Public Expenditure along with Departmental Deposit Statements for scrutiny by the Auditor General, Financial Secretary and Parliament;
- Provides advice and guidance to the Postmaster General and other Senior Managers on Financial and Accounting policies, as well as the performance of the Department and on its financial status;
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of direct reports and recommends and or initiates corrective action where necessary to improve performance to attain established organization goals;
- Provides leadership and guidance to direct reports through effective planning, delegation, commitment mentoring and coaching;
- Establishes and maintains a system that fosters a culture of team work, employee empowerment and commitment to the organization’s goals;
- Ensures the welfare and development needs of staff in the Unit are clearly identified and addressed;
- Authorizes Payment Vouchers and signs cheques.
Required knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent leadership and team building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Skilled in operating a computerized Accounting System
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Ability to cope under pressured working conditions to meet deadlines
- Expert knowledge of government accounting principles and procedures
- Expert knowledge of government procurement policy and guidelines
- Excellent knowledge of the Financial Administration and Audit (FAA) Act and other Government financial regulations
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Management Studies with Accounting or Bachelor of Business Administration from a recognized University. (Post-graduate training in Accounting is an asset) or;
- ACCA Level 2 or 3 or;
- Associate of Science Degree in Accounting, MIND, along with the Diploma in Government Accounting, MIND;
- At least six (6) years’ Accounting experience, two (2) of which should be at a Supervisory Management level.
Salary range $2,593,142 – $3,082,431 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.