The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Human Resource Officer (Employee Relations and Welfare) (GMG/SEG 1)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to be assigned to the post of Senior Human Resource Officer (Employee Relations and Welfare) (GMG/SEG 1) in the Ministry of Justice.
Under the general direction of the Director, Human Resource Management, the incumbent is responsible for the managing and coordinating of the Employee relations functions within the organization to ensure an excellent relationship between Management, Staff and Union/Staff Associations, to promote and preserve industrial harmony within the Ministry.
- Attends and participates in relevant meetings, seminars and conferences;
- Participates in the development of Operational/Work Plan for the Unit;
- Provides advice on Employee Relations issues to the Permanent Secretary and senior members of staff;
- Disseminates information to staff on changes in the relevant Acts, Regulations Codes and Laws;
- Keeps abreast of trends and changes in the global Industrial Relations arena and recommends implementation/adoption where necessary, to improve the quality of Industrial Relation services in the Ministry;
- Manages and mediates Employee Relations conflicts/grievance procedures in the Ministry;
- Liaises with the Ministry of Labour, the Attorney General chambers etc., on staff welfare;
- Facilitates the development of amiable relationship between management and employees;
- Participates and monitors the grievance and disciplinary procedures;
- Researches and processes all disciplinary matters;
- Provides professional guidance and advice as required;
- Participates in the development of the Industrial Relations and Human Resource Policies;
- Convenes meetings at the local level to foster good employee relations climate;
- Prepares reports on meetings;
- Represents the Ministry externally on all disciplinary and staff welfare;
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret information for decision making
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment
- Proven ability to prioritize amongst conflicting demands and make rational decisions based upon a sound understanding of the facts in limited
- Specialized knowledge in Industrial Relations
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Relations/Management Studies/Public Administration/Human Resource Management with three (3) years related work experience.
Salary range $1,348,545 - $1,602,996 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.