- Liaises with Societies and Charitable Organizations for setting meeting appointments;
- Represents the Department at meetings, conferences, retreats and other functions in order to disseminate and obtain information regarding the movements facilitated by charter under the various Acts and regulations;
- Reports to the Regional Manager on issues relating to regulatory activities and achievements.
- Conducts on-site and off-site inspections using established format to determine viability, prudent management, safety and soundness of Societies’ and Charitable Organization operations with a view to ensure adherence to the Acts and regulations and their respective rules;
- Analyzes and correlates the data from inspection conducted and submits findings to the Regional Manager;
- Checks Societies’ accounting and other statutory records to ensure currency, accuracy and readiness for Annual Audits;
- Analyzes the financial status/operations of Societies by reviewing Annual and Monthly Financials to ensure compliance of returns vis-à-vis established standards and makes recommendations to the Regional Manager based on findings;
- Attends Board, Annual and Special General Meetings to provide constitutional and technical advice on decision-making such as amendment of rules, parliamentary procedures, elections of committees in accordance with the established statutes governing the Societies; also Board of Directors meetings to provide technical advice to Registered Charities;
- Develops Strategic and Development/Operational Plans for Societies to ensure commonality of purpose, efforts and to enhance futuristic growth;
- Gives technical assistance to incorporated and unincorporated registered Charitable Organizations;
- Provides post inspection technical assistance to registered Charitable Organizations;
- Examines Annual Returns for Charitable Organizations;
- Examines Financial Statements for Charitable Organizations in order to ensure they have been audited by an approved Auditor and have been audited in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards also that they are in compliance with their charitable purpose;
- Reviews/examines fit and proper Questionnaires to ensure compliance with Charities Act;
- Reviews applications to facilitate renewal of Charitable Organizations;
- Attends Stakeholder meetings regarding charities;
- Engages in ongoing review and networking with all other technical staff in relation to all the Acts and Regulations for Societies and registered Charitable Organizations.
- Ensures that Annual Evaluations are prepared and submitted to the Regional Manager;
- Ensures compliance to policies pertaining to leave requirements;
- Assists the Regional Manager in training and monitoring the activities of holiday workers and job experience personnel.
- Conducts training/presentation at forum as requested by the Director;
- Assists with the preparation of Quarterly/Annual Reports;
- Develops forms to be used to gather information;
- Disseminates information to external clients and the public pertaining to the entities registered under the various Acts and Regulations;
- Performs other functions that may be assigned from time to time by the Regional
- Manager, Director of Inspectorate or the Registrar.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of the Department of Co-operatives Societies Act and Regulations
- Knowledge of the Friendly Societies Act and regulations
- Knowledge of the Charities Act
- Knowledge of Industrial and Provident Societies Act
- Knowledge of the Agricultural Loan Societies and Approved Organisations Act
- Excellent Knowledge of Micro Management
- Positive attitude towards Job and Customer focused
- Initiative to undertake assignments with minimal supervision
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication skills
- Excellent Time Management and Organizing skills
- Sound Judgment and Analytical skills
- Excellent Problem Solving skills and tenacity
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Management Studies or Business Administration major in Accounting and/or Finance would be an asset;
- Two (2) years working experience in similar capacity.
Special Conditions Associated with the Job
- Ability to work outside the normal working hours (nights, weekends and on public holidays);
- Must be the holder of a valid Driver’s Licence and must have access to a reliable motor vehicle;
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the Region;
- Be able to work in volatile communities.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.