The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Guyana National Bureau of Standards (GNBS) invites suitable qualified applicants to fill the position of Senior Inspector within the Legal Metrology and Standard Compliance Department.
- A Diploma in Science or Technology from a recognized Institution with three (3) years appropriate working experience.
- Ordinary Diploma in Science from the Technical Institute (TI) with five (5) years appropriate working experience.
- Must be computer literate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting all activities under the Weights and Measures and Standards Compliance programme, such as inspection, surveillance, verification and investigation of consumer complaints and initiate the necessary follow up action.
- Supervising the work of Inspectors in the field and ensuring that records of activities conducted under the respective programme areas are properly kept and are easily retrievable.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly and annual reports and the preparation of correspondence regarding activities carried out in the respective programme area.
- Ensuring laboratories are properly maintained and the monthly validation of inventory of all equipment within the respective laboratories is conducted.
- Assisting in the internal training of Inspectors.
- Performing the duty of Technical Secretary at Departmental meetings or representing the department at Committee meetings and participating in media programmes (TV and Radio) relating to activities of the department.
- Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of the ISO 17020 and 9001 Quality Management System and other related Standards in the Department.
- Accounting for revenue generated from the execution of activities in the field and all equipment, seals and physical standards issued by the GNBS for the purpose of executing the various activities of the Department.
- Performing any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Inspector or any duly authorised person.
- Ability to write and communicate effectively and think systematically.
- Must possess managerial skills to effectively monitor and evaluate the work programmes and projects within the Department.
- Ability to engender teamwork/managing and leading a team.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Must be effective in planning, organising and delegating activities to staff within the Department.
- Must possess skills for reasoning and analysing (problem solving).
- Ability to translate decisions into appropriate actions.