The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Archives and Records Management
Job SummaryWe seek applicants whose research interests and teaching abilities focus in the areas of Archives and Records Management.
Applicants should also demonstrate ability in research and teaching (at undergraduate and postgraduate levels) in three or more of the following specializations through research work, scholarly publications, conference presentations and courses taught:
- Theory and practice of Archives
- Management of Records, especially in a digital environment
- Access and Outreach
Applicants should have at minimum a Master's degree in the field of Archives and Records Management although a doctorate in the field of archives or a related field would be ideal. Preference would be given to the candidate having at least five years' experience working at managerial levels in a Caribbean archival environment. Expertise and experience in the application of technology for course delivery; online/hybrid course delivery would be useful assets.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Co-ordinate the development of the Postgraduate-level Archives and Records Management Programme being introduced in the Department and this includes the following:
- Developing new course outlines and writing, and/or supervising the writing, of course content for on-line delivery;
- Liaising with existing and potential students;
- Maintaining contact with the Postgraduate ARCM Advisory Committee;
- And in general be responsible for promoting the Programme both within and outside the University.
- Teach in the Archives and Records Management Programme, undertake research and participate in the strategic planning and management of teaching and learning, including curricula development within the Department and the wider Faculty;
- Contribute to the life of the University and advance teaching, research and community outreach, particularly in the promotion of the archival and records management professions.
The University thanks all applicants but due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.