The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Chemical Engineering
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Chemical Engineering.
Qualifications and Experience
PhD degree in Chemical Engineering or Materials Engineering with specialism in Materials Science or Metallurgy.
A suitable combination of teaching, research and industrial experience as a chemical engineer to support teaching. Applicants must be able to contribute to the Department’s design curriculum, and to advise on student’s design projects. A track record of original research and publications is also essential. Candidates with Industrial experience relevant to the local downstream hydrocarbon-processing and petrochemical industries may also have an edge.
- Candidates will be expected to engage in research that will build one or more of the Department’s research focus areas of sustainable energy systems, process simulation, process safety and natural biological-based products
- Candidates specialising in research areas of importance to the Caribbean region may have an advantage
- Will be required to develop and support teaching, research and outreach in the Unit
- Will be required to align training and research activities with the needs of the national and regional food industry
- Candidates must be student-centred and have the ability to interact positively with academic and support staff within the Department and the University, as well as interface with the vibrant local process industries.