The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Haematology
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Haematology.
Undergraduate medical degree (MBBS or equivalent) from a recognized University
Postgraduate degree in Haematology (MRC Path, Board certification or PhD in Haematology or an equivalent qualification from a recognized University)
Considerable experience in undergraduate teaching and exposure to teaching and research in Haematology at the postgraduate level
Medically qualified applicants must be Board registerable with the Trinidad and Tobago Medical Board
- Will be responsible for teaching undergraduate students and will be expected to undertake post-graduate teaching and supervision.
- He/she will be required to:-
- Participate in problem-based learning activities, and haematology clerkships
- Conduct laboratory exercises in a large dry/wet laboratory setting
- Support University assessment and examination activities
The Department places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment. Candidates should possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also have:
- A research interest as evidenced by participation in ongoing research projects
- An acceptable record of research and publication
- An ability to relate well with colleagues and support staff and take on any responsibilities incumbent with the post