The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Latin American History
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the post of Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Latin American History, Department of History and Archaeology.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Teach, research and participate in the strategic planning and management of teaching and learning, including curricula development within the Department and wider Faculty;
- Teach all levels of the History programme and contribute to the development of Level II and III courses in Latin American History, with special reference to the 17th to the 19th century; Nationalism, Development and Underdevelopment in the Spanish Caribbean in the 19th and 20th centuries; and specialist courses at Level III, particularly on the theme of the Idea of Liberation in Latin America;
- Teach and contribute to the development of the postgraduate programmes in History and Heritage Studies;
- Supervise Mphil/PhD graduate research and assist in the general curricula development within the Department;
- Contribute to the life of the University and to advance teaching, research and community outreach.
Essential Qualifications And Experience:
- Applicants should have a PhD in History with a specialization in Latin American and Caribbean History;
- He/she should also possess a demonstrated record of high quality teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- He/she should have a significant record of achievement in independent research;
Candidates who possess the following will be at a distinct advantage:
- Certificate in University Teaching;
- Experience supervising MPhil/PhD students;
- Evidence of prior grant acquisition;
- Publications in academic journals and monographs;
- Evidence of curriculum development (face to face or distant delivery modes);
- Evidence of contribution to public service OR field of Study.
The University thanks all applicants. However, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.