The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
- Specialist qualification in Obstetrics and Gynaecology recognized by the University of the West Indies, [ FRCOG, DM (Obstetrics and Gynaecology) or equivalent]
- American Board Certification in Obstetrics
- United Kingdom Completion of Specialist Training (CST)
- A minimum of one year postgraduate experience in the speciality
- Teaching/Research experience in the field
- A strong record of research and publication in peer-reviewed journals
The successful candidate should be registered or be able to register with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago
Stronger consideration would be given to candidates who possess:
- An additional postgraduate Degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Formal specialist training as well as expertise in a sub-specialty
- Familiarity with computer software applications and statistical packages
- Certification in Medical Education
- Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students and coordinating undergraduate education in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Fostering intra/inter Faculty/Campus teaching and research networks
- Attracting external research and development funding
The successful candidate will be assigned to one of the University’s Clinical Training Sites.
The Department places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team and student friendly environment. Candidates should possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also uphold the highest standards of practice and medical ethics.