The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Rhetoric and Writing Studies
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the post of Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Rhetoric and Writing Studies, Department of Language, Linguistics and Philosophy.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in his or her respective areas of specialization, take part in curriculum development, be involved in interdisciplinary collaboration, develop innovative research, and advise and supervise students at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Make a significant contribution to the department’s research output, undertake an appropriate teaching and administrative load, and participate in campus-related and outreach activities.
Essential Qualifications And Experience:
- Applicants should have a PhD in Rhetoric and Composition OR in Rhetoric and Writing OR in Academic Literacies OR in Tertiary Level English Language Education;
- He/she should have relevant teaching experience;
- He/she should have demonstrated scholarly research;
Candidates who possess the following will be at a distinct advantage:
- Specialization in Writing Programme Administration/ Writing Assessment/ Professional Writing/ Technical Communication;
- Professional qualification in teaching in the discipline;
- Experience supervising MPhil/PhD students;
- Evidence of Curriculum Development (for face to face, distance or online delivery modes);
- Evidence of application of new technologies in programme delivery;
- Administrative Experience/Leadership Experience within an Academic In stitution;
- Evidence of prior grant acquisition;
- Evidence of contribution to the Public Service and field of Study;
- Evidence of Team-building skills.
The University thanks all applicants. However, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.