The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Spanish
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Spanish.
Applicants must satisfy the following essential criteria:
- PhD in Spanish with a special focus on Translation Studies; as well as native or near native competence in the Spanish Language
- Relevant teaching experience
- Demonstrated scholarly research and publications.
- A reading knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Excellent command of English
Candidates who possess the following will be at a distinct advantage:
- Experience supervising MPhil/PhD students
- Certificate in University Teaching
- Evidence of prior grant acquisition
- Administrative Experience within an Academic Institution
- Evidence of Curriculum Development (face to face or distant delivery modes)
- Evidence of contribution to the Public Service OR field of Study
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Teach, research and participate in the strategic planning and management of teaching and learning, including curricula development programmes within the Department and wider Faculty;
- Contribute to the life of the University and to advance teaching, research and community outreach.