The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Legal Officer (JLG/LO4)
Job SummaryApplications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Senior Legal Officer within the Revenue Protection Division of this Ministry.
To provide legal expertise in the areas mandated to the Revenue Protection Division
- Establish a legal framework to support the initiatives of the Revenue Protection Division.
- Recommend amendments to the relevant revenue laws as may be required.
- Provide direction and advice on the merits of cases for adjudication under law relating to Customs and Tax Administration including the Customs Act, the Revenue Administration Act, General Consumption Tax Act, and other related Acts.
- Provide direction and advice as it relates to civil cases mounted by or against the Division
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Comprehensive knowledge of constitutional law, the revenue laws and regulations, related precedents and associated case law.
- Comprehensive knowledge of civil and criminal case law and precedent
- Knowledge of civil and criminal law and procedure
- Competence in the use of computers
- Bachelor of Laws degree
- Certificate of Legal Education
- Be admitted to practice in Jamaica
- Six (6) years post qualification experience
Salary: $2,811,933.00 - $3,342,504.00 per annum
Travel Allowance: $1,341,624.00 per annum.
And all other applicable allowances
We thank all for applying but please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.