The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Manager - Finance Division
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant post of Senior Manager - Finance Division (RS - Level 12) within the Guyana Revenue Authority.
- Determining on an annual basis the “major job objectives” for each staff member of the Work Programme, identifying and discussing with subordinates the “Key Results Areas” to be used as determinants for their performance results.
- Overseeing the management of all financial resources and the provision of support services in the GRA.
- Implementing and monitoring the programmes, budgeting system and financial information systems to provide accurate records of assets, liabilities and financial transactions.
- Directing, coordinating and evaluating the activities of staff, ensuring that financial procedures, principles, accounting controls and operational methods are adhered to and maintained.
- Overseeing budget preparation for both current and capital expenditure, the execution of those budgets and maintenance of accounting records.
- Monitoring the operating budget periodically to analyse trends and conducts comparative analysis to aid in decision making.
- Overseeing the general ledger account, reconciliation and ensures monthly and annual financial statements are prepared for senior management.
- Overseeing that material and equipment are purchased in accordance with approved budget and procedures
- Liaisingwith the Internal Auditors to conduct audit exercises to ensure that accounting and financial systems are maintained.
- Liaising with internal Units/Divisions and represents GRA with external stakeholders inclusive of the Tender Board and Ministry of Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Business Management, Economics or Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) or any other equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of five 5 years’ relevant experience in a Senior Management position.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the development and implementation of the Strategic Operational and Financial plans and systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), Accounting Software and Microsoft suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including, written and oral communication, analytical, persuasive and negotiating skills.
- Excellent leadership, organisational and team building skills.
- High level of Integrity.
- Ability to focus strategically, organise, motivate and resolve conflicts.