The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Medical Officer (HPC/MO 4) - Trelawny Health Services
Job SummaryThe Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ a Senior Medical Officer for the Falmouth Public General Hospital.
Under the supervision of the Parish Manager and the Regional Technical Director, the incumbent will be responsible for the management of the hospital’s Medical and Para-medical services in accordance with Government guidelines, policies, regulations and legal requirements. In addition to executing clinical duties relating to his/her specialty, other key responsibilities will include:
- Consulting and collaborating with the Medical Officer (Health) in ensuring the integration of services through an adequate, fully functional and responsive referral system that facilitates client movement through all levels of service delivery.
- Providing technical input in the development of a three to five year corporate plan; the relevant operational plans; the annual budget and the monitoring of expenditure.
- Developing and implementing a quality assurance programme; ensuring that mechanisms and procedures are in place to enable monitoring of the quality of services, maintenance of the required standards and the implementation of appropriate action where deficiencies are identified.
- Leading in the development, implementation, supervision, evaluation and monitoring of all secondary and tertiary care programmes where appropriate.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited Medical School
- Postgraduate qualification in an area of specialty
- Fully registered with the Medical Council of Jamaica
- A minimum of five (5) years post-graduate experience
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to provide effective leadership to the team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with a wide cross section of professionals and organizations
- Excellent analytical and forecasting skills
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted