The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Photographer - JARD
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Senior Photographer (MCG/AVT 3) in the Jamaica Archives and Records Department (JARD), Ministry of Education, Youth and Information.
Under the general direction of the Conservation Supervisor, the Senior Photographer is responsible for the reprographic processing and reproduction of records in accordance with established procedures and standards. The incumbent also carries out general photographic duties.
- Prepares and microfilms documents;
- Processes and checks microfilm;
- Reproduces photo using various cameras, processes film and produces photographs in black and white;
- Photocopies documents as requested;
- Ensures the adherence to established photography standard;
- Takes and processes photographs of visitors to the Archives and special functions/events as required;
- Assists with the design and delivery of training programmes for junior staff;
- Assists with the procurement of photographic supplies for the Unit;
- Prepares estimates of the cost of work done by the Unit;
- Ensures the cleaning/maintenance of photographic and other equipment in the Unit;
- Provides technical advice on micrographic related matters;
- Assists with the public education and outreach programme;
- Performs other related duties that may from time to time be assigned.
Required knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent hand-eye co-ordination
- Good colour co-ordination skills
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment
- Sound knowledge of dark room operations
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Five (5) CXC/GCE O’Level subjects including English Language and a numeric subject;
- Basic training in still photography;
- At least two (2) years’ experience in photography/micrographics.
Salary range $718,247 – $853,770 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.