The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Piping Designer
Job SummaryWe are currently sourcing a Senior Piping Designer to join our team in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad. The successful candidate will be required to undertake responsibility for the preparation and checking of Piping design deliverables.
- Originate discipline design deliverables.
- Assist the Discipline Lead Designer and/or Discipline Function Lead as directed.
- Produce solutions that are safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and add value to both Massy Wood Group and the client.
- Ensure operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design.
- Provide discipline design input to procurement and construction activities.
- Attend technical meetings if delegated by the Discipline Lead Designer.
- Attend Design Reviews, Constructability Assessments etc. if delegated by the Discipline Lead Designer.
- Communicate with Discipline Engineers and Designers to ensure design integrity and consistency.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Engineering Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Demonstrate the appropriate competence level for the job.
- Is a source for guidance on a majority of discipline design applications.
- Coordinate technical matters within discipline and with other disciplines as required.
- Responsible for the technical assurance of discipline design deliverables, discipline design content of IDC prints and vendor documents.
- Supervise discipline design personnel ensuring Massy Wood Group and project specific Management Systems and Procedures are followed.
- Assist with the development of discipline design personnel.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Project Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Develop discipline design scopes of work, estimates and schedules if delegated by the Discipline Lead Designer.
- Represent Massy Wood Group to clients and suppliers / vendors in a professional manner.
- Develop working relationships with client and supplier / vendor personnel.
- Use of opportunities at meetings with clients and suppliers/ vendors to learn of additional work which Massy Wood Group could undertake and to promote Massy Wood Group’s capabilities.
- Adhere to procedures for document control and discipline design, e.g. creation of discipline design deliverables, use and retention of check prints / IDC prints.
- Responsible for checking discipline design deliverables, discipline design content of IDC prints and vendor documents.
- Review work processes of discipline design personnel ensuring Massy Wood Group Management Systems and Procedures are followed.
- Liaise with the Discipline Function Lead to identify and implement improvements in discipline working practices.
- Capture and communicate lessons learnt to the Discipline Function Lead.
- Coach / guide discipline design personnel on a majority of discipline applications.
- Keep a log of competencies gained through further education, external training and internal / on the job training.
- Identify areas where skills are lacking and suggest methods of improving.
- Deliver assigned tasks within man-hour budget and schedule.
- Identify increases or reductions in scope of work within own area of responsibility and advise the Discipline Lead Designer accordingly.
- Identify areas of concern during the course of any project to the Discipline Lead Designer and propose necessary corrective action.
- Identify discipline design scopes of work if delegated by the Discipline Lead Designer.
- Prepare discipline design CTR estimates, project execution plans and schedules if delegated by the Discipline Lead Designer.
- Prepare timesheets accurately and timely.
- Perform all other job-related functions as required.
- Technician Diploma
- AutoCad level III certification
- A minimum of eight (8) – ten (10) years’ experience
- Membership of professional body preferred
- Possesses skilled knowledge of discipline design software and tools.
- Possesses skilled knowledge of a majority of discipline design applications including 3D computer modelling.
- Possesses basic knowledge in managing personnel.
- Possesses basic knowledge in managing jobs / projects.
- Possesses a reasonable command of the English language and must be able to communicate English effectively in the field of Engineering.
- Assessed competent as Senior Designer in accordance with ENG-PRC-1100