The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Procurement Officer
Job SummaryThe Transport Authority, a Statutory Agency of the Ministry of Transport and Mining, seeks to fill the vacancy of Senior Procurement Officer in its Kingston Office.
The Senior Procurement Officer plans, directs, supervises, manages and monitors the systematic execution of the procurement processes of the Transport Authority for all goods, works and services to ensure transparency, objectivity, integrity, economy and efficiency, consistent with relevant guidelines and regulations to support its operations; as well as develops and implements the Authority’s procurement strategy and procedures with the aim of obtaining the best value and achieving cost effectiveness.
Ideally, the Successful Applicant Should Possess:
- Sound knowledge of the Government Procurement Policy and Procedures and Regulations.
- Sound knowledge of purchasing principles and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting Principles, Practices and Procedures
- Sound knowledge in the operation of computerized purchasing and inventory control systems.
- Familiar with government Financial Administration and Audit (FAA) Act
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- First degree in Business Administration, Management Studies or related qualifications.
- Formal training in purchasing in the Government Service, preparation of tenders and negotiating contracts for goods and services.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a similar position with at least three (3) years at the supervisory level.
The Transport Authority appreciates your interest in the position however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.