The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Product Developer
Job SummaryHSBC Bank Bermuda Limited is seeking a highly motivated Senior Product Developer to join the Asset Management Bermuda team.
This person will be responsible for developing and implementing a focused and results-oriented investment product and marketing strategy that is aligned with the strategic plan for the business.
- Through a disciplined product development and governance process, maintain overall responsibility for HSBC's Bermuda investment products and ensure the business delivers a profitable and competitive suite of products to local clients
- Promote and distribute all HSBC asset management products that are relevant to the jurisdiction; ensure global consistency and product governance in compliance with global directives and policies for local and global products
- Lead an annual product review process as a key input into the product development and business planning cycle, and manage all aspects of new product development from the initial product idea through development of the product, physical delivery to market and ongoing management/post-launch maintenance, following governance and oversight procedures
- Oversee production of all mandatory product documentation (e.g. offering documents, annual reports) and product training to ensure business development team is fully equipped to sell each product
- Work with business units, product managers and distributors to understand their business needs and propose communication programs that achieve brand and business objectives in a cost effective manner
- Supervise the drafting copy for all written or verbal communication including investment letters, promotional materials, newsletters, internal communications, training materials and sales aids, articles and presentations
- Minimum of a university degree/tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline with at least eight years in product development and management in the mutual funds industry
- Demonstrated experience (ideally eight years +) and broad knowledge of product markets in funds management: retail unit trusts, wholesale funds, etc.
- Proven experience in managing large-scale product development projects, from feasibility, through business case preparation and product specification to implementation/launch (including investment, product, marketing, distribution, legal/compliance, IT, administration and finance aspects)
- In-depth knowledge of international and offshore policies and practices, investment regulations, placing rules and registration requirements
- Solid understanding of market trends, financial planning and competitor’s product offerings as well as demonstrated experience in leading/managing cross-functional teams in high-productivity environments
- Demonstrated experience in managing mandatory product documentation and in-depth knowledge of all technical, regulatory/compliance and legislative (including taxation) issues impacting fund management/investment products