The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Programmer (MIS/IT 4)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Senior Programmer (MIS/IT 4) in the Department.
Under the direction of the Director, Information Technology, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring the effective supply and operation of software applications and services. Additionally, the incumbent will lead the work of direct reports and ensure that duties are performed in accordance with established organizational goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes , defines and documents end user’s requirements;
- Designs systems including screen layouts and structure for data flow and storage;
- Develops systems including the generation of programming codes and database construction;
- Creates test scripts for testing system;
- Tests developed systems for functionality and performance;
- Modifies existing systems to conform to change requests or to make improvements;
- Writes and maintains technical and user manuals for systems developed;
- Manages and assists in maintenance of the Website and Intranet Systems;
- Designs, creates, updates and mines databases;
- Provides guidance for personnel in the use of software applications;
- Visits the Post Offices Island wide to determine utilization of system;
- Implements and maintains training solutions for the Training Unit;
- Provides technical support for the various systems within the Department.
- Good working knowledge of programming languages including JAVA Script and PHP;
- Ability to multitask and adopt quickly to differing situations and environment;
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills;
- Confidentiality and integrity/ethics;
- Excellent programming skills;
- Knowledge and experience in configuring and customizing software systems;
- Thorough knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems such as MYSQL OR MSSQL.
Special Conditions Associated With the Job
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours;
- Extensive islandwide travel.
Qualification, Experience and Training
- B.Sc. in Information Technology or Computer Science or its equivalent from an accredited tertiary institution;
- At least three (3) years experience in systems and software development.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.