The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Sales Manager
Job SummaryThe Senior Sales Manager is primarily responsible for handling customer inquiries and lead requests for groups.
The incumbent will work with customers to align customer preferences with hotel needs and actively up-sell each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. This position will also ensure that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. The incumbent is responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. This Senior Sales Manager will process business correspondence and create contracts and other related booking documentation as required. This position requires excellent selling skills, strong communication skills, and a detailed understanding of property operations, food and beverage, and planning. Dependent on the size of the property, the position may also provide day to day supervision to Sales associates.
The Senior Sales Manager has overall responsibility for transacting group customer inquiries and lead requests and achieving revenue and booking goals for their team. Overall, the position is accountable for the following:
- Respond in a timely manner to incoming group/catering opportunities that are within pre-defined parameters. Refer opportunities to appropriate sales associate if business is outside these parameters.
- Work collaboratively with other sales channels (e.g. on-property resources) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Understand the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell against them.
- Ensure business booked is within hotel parameters. Close the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and the property’s needs.
- Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence). Transfer accurate, complete, and timely information to the Events department in accordance with hotel and brand standards.
- Actively up-sell each business opportunity to maximize revenue.
- Develop and manage catering sales revenue and operation budgets, and provide forecasting reports.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand and actively utilize company marketing initiative/incentives to close business.
- Follow up on opportunities uncovered by the proactive sales team.
- Identify and implement process improvements and best practices.
- Promote accountability to drive superior business results. Includes successful execution of Sales strategies and business processes.
- Establish clear expectations for customers and properties throughout the sales process.
- Effectively resolve guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process. Bring issues to the attention of property and sales leadership team as appropriate
- Execute exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the brand.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant sales and marketing group sales experience in the hospitality industry.
- Relevant university or college qualification or degree.
- Hospitality experience.
- Understanding of market dynamics, enterprise level objectives and important aspects of business to accurately diagnose strengths and weaknesses, anticipate opportunities and risks, identify issues, and develop strategies and plans. Aligning individual and team actions with strategies and plans to drive business results.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of total hotel revenue management concepts, processes and strategies (including sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing, and inventory management)