The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryUnder general supervision, the Senior Secretary/Stenographer is responsible for providing Secretarial and Administrative Support to the Director, Field Services and to the staff of the Division as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Four (4) CSEC/CXC or GCE O’ Level subjects including English Language
- Diploma in secretarial studies from an accredited tertiary institution
- CPS designation would be an asset
- Three (3) years position-related experience
- Proficiency in using computer software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
STATIN – CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and environmental Awareness
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent teamwork and cooperation skills
- Demonstrated high level of integrity
- Demonstrated customer and quality focus
The incumbent in this position should be able to demonstrate at the required level, the competencies listed below within three month’s of employment through on-the-job training/ working experience in the subject matter area.
- Excellent knowledge of Office Practices and Procedures
- Excellent Typing/Word Processing skills
- Excellent Shorthand /note taking skills In-depth knowledge of
- Document and Records management processes and procedures Proficient in the use of Applicable Software Applications i.e., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the functions and operations of the Field Services Division; the Director’s Office and organizational relationships
Summary of Duties
- Provides Secretarial and Administrative Support to the Director, Field Services.
- Makes telephone calls on behalf of the Director; answers incoming calls; responds to enquiries; connects calls to the Director or redirects to other appropriate member of staff; takes and relays messages.
- Receives internal and external visitors to the Director’s Office; provides assistance/information where possible; directs to the Director or redirects to appropriate member of staff as necessary.
- Makes and confirms appointments as directed and maintains a diary of events, appointments, meetings and travelling schedule for the Director.
- Produces/types for the Director’s signature, routine and confidential correspondence, documents reports etc., from drafts, general instructions and dictation using applicable software application e.g. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Assists in the management of internal and external communications including opening, sorting and routing incoming mail; preparing outgoing mail for dispatch; and photocopying and faxing correspondence, reports and other documents as necessary.
- Maintains the electronic and hardcopy records management and filing systems established for the Director’s Office.
- Records and tracks the movement of all Central Registry files in and out of the Director’s Office.
- Assists in organizing meetings convened or chaired by the Director, Field Services including contacting attendees; preparing agenda; compiling meeting materials; reserving venue and any required audiovisual equipment; and arranging refreshments if needed.
- Attends meetings as directed, takes and transcribes minutes, submits for the Director’s approval and circulates as directed.
- Provides support to the Director in the management of data collection activities including maintaining a log of survey field assignments distributed to the Field Offices as well as the completed and returned assignments.
- Assists in communicating with Field Supervisors regarding submission of required weekly/monthly survey data collection reports and the compilation of Monthly Divisional Progress Reports.
- Provides administrative support to the Director, Field Services in processing confidential HRM action forms/documentation including employee performance appraisals, recommendations for disciplinary action, leave applications, resumption letters etc.
- Carries out the daily administrative procedures for the attendance register for staff in the Division and prepares the related monthly Attendance Record and Absence Reports for submission to the HRM Unit.
- Orders and maintains an inventory of stationery and other office supplies for the Director’s Office.
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted..