The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Secretary (OPS/SS 3)
Job SummaryThe North East Regional Health Authority invites applications from suitable qualified persons to fill the position of Senior Secretary to the Director, Human Resource Management & Industrial Relations at the Regional Office.
The ideal candidate must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Successful completion of the Certified Professional Secretary Course or
- Diploma/Associate Degree in Office Administration or Business Administration
- Proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and shorthand at a Speed 100-120 words per minute
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar capacity.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND SPECIALISED TECHNIQUES
- Working knowledge of standard office procedures and filing systems.
- Well developed computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good time management skills and a track record of meeting critical deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good Analytical Skills.
KEY RESPONSIBLITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Providing secretarial support to the office of the Director, HRM & IR
- Maintaining an appropriate system to control and safe guard confidential documents, files and reports;
- Attending meeting(s) and takes Minutes as required; drafts, circulates and follows-up with relevant persons on action items;
- Processing incoming and outgoing correspondence in accordance with established procedures;
- Composing letters, memoranda, reports, official and other documents as directed;
- Sending emails, fax, scans, copies, files and retrieves documents and correspondences as required in accordance with established procedures;
- Answers, screens and transfers inbound phone calls and makes outbound calls as required