The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Secretary (OPS/SS 3)
Job SummaryUnder the general direction of the Director, Strategic Planning and Evaluation, the incumbent is responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support services to the Unit.
- Performs stenographic duties for the production of letters, memoranda, Minutes and other official documents;
- Receives telephone calls and visitors, makes appointments and confirms meetings; Monitors all inquiries directed to the Office and provides where possible, necessary advice or information required by clients;
- Maintains schedule of all appointments and official engagements of the Manager and issues reminders of ensure fulfilment;
- Assists in the maintenance of effective client relations by determining the nature of enquiries from visitors and callers;
- Liaises as necessary between the Manager and the other staff for dissemination of information and instructions;
- Administers the Attendance Register and prepares monthly Attendance Report on staff in the Branch for submission to the Director, Human Resource Management;
- Orders and maintains inventory on stationery used in the Branch;
- Provides necessary logistic support in arranging meetings by arranging venues, informing attendees and other related activities;
- Establishes and maintains a records management system/procedure for the Branch;
- Performs follow up to secure timely response from internal and external entities in respect to letters and memoranda emanating from the Branch;
- Prepares draft responses, letters, memoranda, reports and notes of meetings.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Sound knowledge of computer applications- Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, Publisher and Access
- Knowledge of Office Practices and procedures
- Excellent typing skills
- Good Shorthand/Speedwriting/Minute taking skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good time management and organizing skills
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Professional attitude and confidentiality
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language; successful completion of the prescribed Secretarial Course of study at the Management Institute for National Development (MIND) or any Accredited Secretarial Studies, proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and shorthand at a speed of 100-120 words per minute, plus four (4) to five (5) years’ general office experience;
- Graduation from an accredited school of Secretarial Studies with proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and shorthand at a speed of 100-120 words per minute, training in the use of a variety of software applications e.g., word processing, database and spread sheets; English Language at CXC or GCE O’Level; completion of the appropriate Office Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development, plus four (4) to five (5) years’ general office experience;
- Successful completion of the Certified Professional Secretary course; proficient in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and shorthand at a speed of 100-120 words per minute; English Language at CXC or GCE O’Level; training in the use of a variety of software applications and four (4) to five (5) years’ general office experience plus the appropriate Office Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development.
Salary range $828,588 - $984,930 per annum
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.