The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Secretary (OPS/SS 3)
Job SummaryThe Office of the Children’s Advocate invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the vacant post of Senior Secretary (OPS/SS 3).
Under the supervision of the Human Resource and Administration Manager, the Senior Secretary is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial services to facilitate the efficient operation of the Human Resource and Administration Unit.
- Takes dictation and types letters, memoranda and reports;
- Records and types minutes of meetings for circulation;
- Maintains a system of confidential files and other OCA correspondences;
- Monitors the expiration of documents with validity period;
- Maintains the Human Resource Manager’s electronic diary of appointments and timelines;
- Deputizes for the Receptionist to respond to telephone calls and direct visitors;
- Maintains accurate records of staff absence and punctuality by updating the attendance register and the leave database;
- Monitors leave utilization and complete administrative sections on leave requests;
- Assists with the submission of annual and monthly reports produced by the Human Resource Unit;
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- High levels of confidentiality, professionalism and general conduct;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong detail oriented and time management skills
- Accurate and timely filing/archiving experience;
- Good initiative and decision making skills;
- Professional telephone techniques and customer service support;
- High levels of flexibility and multitasking skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Certified Professional Secretary Course or Office/Administrative Management Diploma at a recognized institution including MIND;
- Three (3) years’ general secretarial experience;
- Proficiency in typewriting at a speed of at least 55 words per minute and shorthand at a speed of at least 100 words per minute;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, Outlook are mandatory; Publisher and Photoshop would be an asset;
- Knowledge of general Government operations including MoF Circulars and Staff Orders policies and procedures related Human Resource operation.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED