The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Secretary (OPS/SS 3), MNS
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Senior Secretary (OPS/SS 3).
To provide administrative support to the Senior Director
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Records , prepares and circulates minutes/notes of meetings
- Researches and submits information to officers.
- Checks transcripts for errors
- Maintains Senior Director’s Diary
- Coordinates local and overseas meetings & conferences on behalf of Senior Director
- Prepares letters, memoranda and reports
- Prepares travel itineraries for local and overseas assignments
- Records incoming and outgoing mails
- Liaises and maintains contact information of stakeholders
- Gathers information from staff/supervisors for preparation of reports
- Photocopies and collates documents as required
- Organizes and maintains filing system for safe keeping and easy retrieval of information
- Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors to the Senior Director.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Good telephone and office etiquette
- Knowledge of general office administration, systems, processes and practices
- Ability to demonstrate initiative
- Good grasp of tact and diplomacy
- Confidentiality and ability to treat with sensitive matters
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook)
- Ability to use the office machines, e.g. tape recorder, binder, photocopier, computer and fax machine.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING/KNOWLEDGE & KNOWLEDGE
- Customer Service
- Record Management
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Certificate in Administrative Management (Level 2) – M.I.N.D.
- Certificate in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute;
- Four (4) CXC or GCE passes including English Language and a numeric subject.
- Four to five (4-5) years experience in a general office setting with at least two (2) years experience in the secretarial field
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB:
- Critical deadlines for completion of assignments.
- May be required to work beyond the normal working hours
- May be required to work on weekends and public holidays
Salary Scale: $828,588.00 - $984,930.00 Per Annum
Please note that we thank all for responding but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.