The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Software Developer
Job SummaryThe responsibility is to enable the expansion and on-going maintenance of the Hospital Health Information System, Inventory Management System, Human Resource and Payroll System, Accounting Systems and Health Information Systems (RTD).
This role requires the candidate to be competent in software development, software testing, user documentation, and deployment, as guided by the MIS Director. This role reports directly to the Senior Application Developer and interacts on a daily basis with various Business Units that serves as stakeholders for on-going projects
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervisor other developers, analysts and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software and provide guidance to the Junior software developer.
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle for various projects and consistently makes changes where necessary.
- Develop, maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Oversee the operations of the git localized source control server.
- Liaise with team members to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Testing applications in accordance with established standards and agreed designs.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree from a College or University in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Systems Management or closely related field with a minimum of two (2) years experience in software development.
At least 2 years experience in software development
- Experience working in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) environment with basic Linux(UNIX) server admin knowledge
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practice
- Web development Architecture and development experience.
- Experience leveraging Laravel or Django frameworks would be an asset
- Ability to conduct appropriate Documentation, Testing, debugging and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of database architecture and design (mariadb, PostgreSQL,SQLite, SQL Server, etc.)
- Command line Git
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines.
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Special Work Conditions (physical demands, job hazards, pressures):
Available to work on weekends and holidays as required.
Conditions of Service:
The above indicates the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent. It is not designed to contain nor should it be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the incumbent.