The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryWorks independently as engineer in charge while maintaining, operating and repairing propulsion engines plus other machinery, vessels Hammerhead I, Hammerhead II, and LCM-6775 on the AUTEC project.
- Operates all vessel machinery in day to day operations.
- Performs required preventative maintenance.
- Performs all vessel fuel, potable water and ballast water pumping operations.
- Maintains engineering logs on vessel.
- Assists with deck operations and duties as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent and graduate of a maritime academy, technical institute or trade school with a specialty in power mechanics required.
- Five years direct experience aboard Diesel powered vessels may be substituted for the technical education requirement.
- Three years related experience aboard diesel powered vessels.
- A demonstrated capacity for serving in a self-directed, unsupervised fashion aboard diesel powered marine vessels is required USCG QMED or DDE preferred.
- Must meet the requirements to obtain and hold certification in Explosive Weapons Certification within 6 months.
- Must show professional ability to operate with no onboard supervision.
- Must have demonstrated ability to carry out operational and maintenance activities associated with high and medium speed diesel engines, electrical power generation and distribution, hydraulic and pneumatic pumping and power systems, and misc electrical control systems typically found on vessels up to 125 feet long.
- Must meet physical examination requirements of BUMED Inst. 6270.7 series and OCD (RS) 22-05-1 for occupational exposure to OTTO Fuel II.
- Must be able to push, pull and lift 50 pounds.
- Must pass standard pre-employment physical.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required.