The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Shore Excursion Manager (On board)
Job SummaryThe Shore Excursion Manager meets or exceeds the revenue budget each voyage without interfering with passengers' enjoyment of the cruise experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastically engages in regular promotional activities including port talks, presentations, and the Cruise Director Wake Show.
- Ensures onboard tour order forms, fliers, PowerPoint presentations, and any other sales collateral successfully promote all programs and adhere to all brand marketing guidelines.
- Ensures all Shore Excursion staff maintains thorough and up-to-date knowledge of all tour programs; provides training on sales techniques and all policies.
- Collaborates creatively and effectively with other revenue departments to promote shore excursions.
- Schedules regular Tour Office hours and documented booking closing times per Hotel Policies & Procedures.
- Ensures tours are dispatched efficiently from meeting locations; carefully monitors status of tours returning to the ship and immediately notifies the Bridge, Customer Services Director, and Food & Beverage department of any problems or delays.
- Ensures that tour operators are timely notified of tour counts and all other pertinent information.
- Provides a positive first impression to every passenger through a warm, welcoming individual greeting; always maintains a spotless and professional appearance.
- Always delivers customer service that meets or exceeds Hotel Policies & Procedures standards for every passenger interaction.
- Ensures all passenger comments or complaints are solicited, listened to, and understood with empathy, showing genuine interest at all times. Ensures responses are appropriate and meets with passengers on a one-to-one basis as required.
- Ensures all passenger complaints are documented per Hotel Policies & Procedures, escalating issues to the Customer Services Director and other relevant parties as appropriate without delay.
- Calmly and respectfully communicates with tour operators to resolve all tour quality issues.
- Swiftly and satisfactorily resolves all customer relations issues resulting from passengers’ tour experiences.
- Meets or exceeds customer service budgets each voyage without interfering with passengers' enjoyment of the cruise experience.
- Routinely travels with tour operators to inspect and evaluate current products and develop new product ideas.
- Preferred experience in the cruise industry, preferably on ships with worldwide destinations.
- Preferred experience with public speaking and ability to create presentations.
- Extensive and proven knowledge of customer service standards.
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals.
- Excellent background knowledge of the history and importance of areas visited.
- Proven organizational, logistical and communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to create both live and videotaped presentations.
- Ability to create informative talks using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability to provide leadership and motivation to employees in pursuit of company goals.
- Experience in operations with a land-based resort or tour company beneficial. If experience is in excess of one year, consideration may be given in lieu of 8 or more months experience at sea.
- Prefer well traveled individuals with knowledge of popular tourist sites in one or more regions.
- Ability to work under pressure and anticipate and adapt to changes in plans, maintaining a positive attitude at all times.
- Excellent computer and English language skills.
- Must be capable of obtaining a C1/D visa