The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Software Development Manager (MIS/IT 6)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Software Development Manager (MIS/IT 6) – (Not Vacant) in the Ministry of Transport and Mining.
Under the general direction of the Director, Information, Communication and Technology, the incumbent will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of software solutions to enable the different Unit/Departments and users in the Ministry to carry out their functions effectively and efficiently.
- Recommends, designs, develops and implements software solutions to address matters of productivity and efficiency;
- Evaluates the Ministry’s software solutions against established industry; benchmarks for performance, security, stability, user friendliness, etc., also plans and implements improvements to the systems where necessary;
- Develops and maintains accurate documentation for all custom developed software solutions including system specification, source codes, program logic flow diagram and user documentation;
- Develops training material with respect to ICT related systems for different user groups;
- Leads the research and development into Data Warehousing and Decision Support Systems in the Ministry;
- Plans and implements upgrades and modifications to existing systems to accommodate changing user needs and technology in a dynamic environment;
- Collaborates with Departments, Agencies and portfolio entities to analyze process flows, work flows and methodology and recommends where applicable systems can be used to positively impact productivity and efficiency;
- Conducts research and makes recommendations to the Ministry on new software packages/platforms/systems;
- Provides guidance to the Director, Information, Communication and Technology and other managers on matters relating to software development and acquisition.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Excellent presentation; oral and written communications skills
- Good planning, organizing and co-ordinating skills
- Knowledge and expertise in designing, developing and implementing network wide software solution
- Good knowledge of the Windows 2Kx network platform
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server and the VB6 and NET platform
- Working knowledge of Data Warehousing Techniques
- Good knowledge of Business Intelligence Concepts
- Knowledge of current technological developments
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or equivalent qualification in Software Development; along with
- Three (3) years’ working experience in the required field;
- Professional certification (MCSD, MCDBA) in software development is highly desirable.
Salary range $1,758,169 – $2,089,910 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.