The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Sous Chef will assist the Executive Chef in all of his specific duties. Must be able to assume full responsibility for food preparation activities in the absence of the Executive Chef.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementing the directions of the Executive Chef with the Galley personnel.
- Responsible for the training and supervision of the various section heads (1st Cooks).
- Ensures that all cooks have proper utensils and ingredients necessary for their work.
- Maintains a close supervision over Galley activities by remaining in the Galley during preparation and service.
- Controls food consumption by monitoring production, waste and portion size.
- Maintains proper sanitization standards according to USPH regulations and company's instructions in all food production preparation areas.
- Performs any and all such duties as may be assigned by the Executive Chef and/or other Senior Management.
- Knowledge of cruise ship catering operation.
- Knowledge of food preparation, presentation and preservation.
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures.
- Formal degree in food management from a recognized International culinary institution.
- Proof of continuing education translated in certificates or letter of participation in specialized courses.
- Basic command of English language combined with writing skills.
- Ability to train and motivate subordinates.
- Ability to innovate and foster creativity.
- Ability to organize and complete work in accordance to deadlines.